17 June 2011

Damnit! I'm a Prude!

No one wants to hear about the good times ---  So I'll skip Ulys' joy at discovering a nation of athletic, organized people who eat sensibly and have turned their international city into a friendly park.  I'll skip the cliched account of our happy families (our and our hosts') biking through flower-adorned cobbled streets, alongside canals with houseboats, pedaling to and from the Van Gogh museum until 10 pm.  And will definitely NOT mention  the sexy, funny, gorgeous waiter at "our" local cafe -- who charms effortlessly in a perfectly appropriate melange of Dutch and English.  All that would be annoying.  To travel and have an excellent time -- with ease -- is just plain rude!

So let's get to the Prude Part and go to the Children's Science Museum, NEMO (that's Dutch for OMSI).  Tired of watching Tai build and destroy a meant-to-be-built-and-destroyed structure with equally feral boys, and done teaching Zahra about recessive genes and phenotypes courtesy of a very clever computer program, I took the many, many, many stairs up to the "Teen Center."  Initial display? "LET'S TALK ABOUT SEX!"  I expected an updated  "Where do I come from?" with cooler clothing and some piercings,  but what I came across first was an interactive display ---  "Oh, I see.  You put your hands in here -- and someone else puts theirs there.  How sweet!  How cooperative!  And you move this thing . . ., um, those thick touching red things look like . .  what?!"  That was the French Kissing Interactive Booth.



To be followed by the movie on the perils of puberty (stick figure accidentally ejaculating, "darn it!  hate it when that happens! ) --



.  . . .and then onto the Hello Kitty Kute "Pink Light District".  I wouldn't believe me either (reference my just-discovered prudishness) --- so here are the photos from inside the Love Shack:










These colorful thins are decorative condoms -- the various means of contraception is more difficult to spot.









No comments:

Post a Comment