17 June 2012

As you can imagine it is QUEEN O RAMA around here -- with the Diamond Jubilee (60 years as Queen!) and yesterday's celebration of her birthday -- the Trooping of the Colour.  We could have gone, but couldn't face the crowds -- might have stood for hours to stare at the back of a British head, rather than to gaze upon the Royal Family in person -- though I would have like to.  I actually have a great deal of admiration for the Queen; and Kate and William seem pretty darn cool.  I would also have liked to see the horses  (Windsor Whites and Cleveland Browns).

All the museums have special Queen exhibits (in addition to their regular Queen exhibits).  My favorite is a wall of large photos showing families with Queen stuff at home -- and a wall where visitors can write about Queen stuff they have in their homes.  I'll put the photos to the left (click to see them all) and my favorite comments: